Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Jason loves the animals! His blog post.

Every time that its my turn to hit the road, I think: Am I definitely insane for signing up to do this. I'm tired, the van smells of smelly runners feet, and the runners in my van can't get our group gang sign right (get it together Aby!). But as I was running down US1, I saw a Key Deer at the side of the road looking at me. Key deer are endangered animals down here in the Keys, and I remember how nice it was to see them from when I used to live in the Keys myself. The number of key deer that are hit by cars is boggling to me. It's a big conservation effort here to help the small population that they have left. That reminded me why I like this cause. Because not only is this money going towards the Florida panther, but towards helping other endangered creatures in Florida as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment